COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
What is this course about?
The world is full of good marketing strategists, good accountants, good engineers, and good lawyers—but it is not full of good communicators. Acquiring good communication skills will provide you with an opportunity to stand out from your competition in a globalized world.
The higher you rise in an organization, the less time you will spend using the technical skills of your profession and the more time you will spend communicating. Business people who can’t communicate well do not stand much chance of reaching the top. Companies that communicate well significantly outperform those that communicate poorly.
To make your communication efforts as effective as possible, avoid the common mistakes of providing vague impressions that are open to interpretation. This program hones your competency in interpersonal communication skills so as to foster good speaking and listening techniques for better workplace relationships. As relationship conflicts is almost a given, we will also examine some effective ways to manage conflict, prevent difficult situations from escalating and optimise your sense of well-being through self-regulation and constructive communication. You will acquire practical knowledge and skills to help you and others perform your tasks better and achieve your desired goals happier through effective interpersonal communication
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for all levels of staff including but not limited to senior and mid-managers, supervisors, executives, frontline staff and those who seek to improve their professional skills in business communication.
What will I learn?
- Build rapport and trust with people
- The 3 Vs of Creating a powerful first impression
- Master the art of small talk
- Identify common barriers to effective communication
- Strategies to overcome communication barriers
- Master good questioning techniques to get what you want
- Practice clear pronunciation and avoid miscommunication
- Use the right choice of words
- Apply power phrases to manage difficult situations at work
Practise Non-verbal Communication
- Develop positive body language to project self-confidence
- Use mirroring technique to connect with others
- Use gestures powerfully to reinforce your message
- Gain greater confidence and influence in others as an effective communicator
Understand Conflict Management
- What is Conflict?
- Root Causes of Conflicts
- The Physical and Emotional Impact of unresolved conflicts
Strategize Approaches to Conflict Resolution
- Introducing the 5 conflict management styles
- Determining the Right Approach for Different Situations
- Be aware of your personal triggers
- Developing a personal anti-trigger plan
Use positive Communication Skills in Conflict Management
- Powerful Phrases for Effective Communication in Managing Conflicts
- The LEVIS Model for a Win-Win Outcome
- Role Plays to put all your Skills to Work
Throughout this course there will be a number of practical exercises carried out which will enable participants to put into practice much of the theory covered. This workshop will be conducted through the use of role plays, discussions, group activities, games and personal reflection.
There are three keys to being a successful communicator. First, you must listen actively. Second, ask questions, clarify or paraphrase when you do not understand what is being communicated. Third, always make the effort to establish rapport with the person you are communicating with.