About this course
In recent years, a variety of technologies such as social media and live-chat has inspired a new approach to business communication. Mobile communication, particularly text messaging has put pressure on traditional standards of grammar, punctuation and writing in general.
No matter what communication platform you choose to use, your ability to put ideas across professionally and effectively is an essential business skill for executives to advance in their career. Yet workers feel the need to choose between writing well and writing fast at work.
Sometimes the only exposure you may have to high-level stakeholders is through your writing. If your messages are professional and convincing, they convey an impression of you being a well-organized person who knows exactly what is needed and how to make things happen. Messages that are disorganized and poorly written can tarnish your professional reputation.
This practical workshop is designed to empower you to write professionally in email communication in the digital workplace to achieve conciseness and clarity through a simple and structured approach based on the fundamentals of professional business writing.
At the end of this highly-interactive workshop, successful participants will learn to:
- Recognize and avoid common mistakes in business writing
- Master the 5Cs of effective business writing
- Adapt to the modern style of email writing in the digital world
- Improve grammar and writing mechanics
- Express ideas clearly and be easily understood the first time
- Write concisely to get to the point
- Use a positive tone in all your messages
- Write courteously to show respect for your reader
- Practise good email etiquette to improve professionalism in your writing
- Adopt the 4-point plan writing format to create a logical flow
- Motivate your audience to take action every time
- Acquire the skill to write email effectively, professionally and confidently!
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for all levels of staff from senior and mid-managers, supervisors, executives, frontline personnel to those who seek to improve their professional skills in email writing.